The Python 5000 is a self-propelled pothole patching machine that will save you money while keeping your streets and roads well-maintained. It will make long-lasting patches using standard asphalt mixes, and it has the unique ability to make continuous repairs to long cracks and joins in the road. One person can easily carry out the entire patching operation without ever leaving the comfort and safety of the operator's cab.
The Python 5000 is for towns, cities and highway departments that want to preserve their roads and save money. And, it's for contractors who want to make money. The Python 5000 makes fast, long-lasting repairs to potholes. And it has the unique capability of making continuous repairs to long cracks in roads. Because it's operated by one person, the savings on operating costs are substantial. But even more substantial are the savings that can be realized by extending the lives of streets and roads.
The operator fills the hopper with the asphalt mix of choice - either hot or cold. The hopper keeps the asphalt at the desired temperature by capturing heat from the engine exhaust.
The operator drives the Python 5000 up to the pothole and, using in-cab controls, positions the multi-axis working arm over the top of the hole. All work is clearly visible to the operator. An air jet nozzle blasts water, dust, gravel and other debris from the pothole, providing a clean contact area for the patching material. Depending on the conditions, the operator may decide to spray the area with an emulsive tack oil.
- Fast patching -- the average hole can be patched in just two minutes.
- Quality patches -- hydraulic pressure controlled roller provides quality compaction and a permanent patch that will outlast the surrounding surface.
- Repairs utility cuts and long cracks in one continuous operation - channeling the asphalt into the crack and compacting it on-the-go.
- Works in sub-zero temperatures or pouring rain.
- Travels at highway speeds to and from job site.
- All functions controlled from inside the cab by a single joystick.
- Multi-axis working arm gives full range of control -side to side, forward or reverse.
- Working arm extends to 4 feet from under the cab, with 6 feet of side-to-side motion.
- Exact amount of asphalt is delivered to the exact location.
- Dispenses all standard hot or cold asphalt mixes.
- Keeps hot asphalt hot, and warms cold mix asphalt to the ideal temperature.
- Operator stays in the cab for a safer and more comfortable working environment.
- Clear visibility for driver/operator.
- GVWR - 25,950 lbs.
- Total empty weight: 14,800 lbs. (5818 kg)
- Wheel base: 114 in. (290 cm)
- Overall width: 94 in. (239 cm)
- Overall height: 120 in. (305 cm)
- Overall length: 256 in. (650 cm)
- Liquid Cooled Permanent Antifreeze
- Radiator Front Area: 455 Sq. in. (2936 cu. cm)
- Radiator Thickness: 3 in. (76 mm)
- Radiator Thickness: 3 in. (76 mm)
- Front wheels: 22.5 x 8.25 in. (572 mm x 210 mm)
- Rear wheels: 22.5 x 8.25 in. (572 mm x 210 mm)
- Front Tire Size: 295/70R22.5
- Rear Tire Size: 295/70R22.5
- Load Range: H, 16 P.R.
- Tilt Telescopic Power Steering
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Hydraulic Assist Power Brakes with Electric Fail-Safe System
- Fuel Gauge, Voltmeter, Tachometer W/Hour Meter, Speedometer W/Odometer, Water Temperature Gauge, Engine Oil Pressure Gauge, Auger Pressure Gauge, Hydraulic Oil Pressure Light
- Asphalt: 5 tons
- Tack Oil: 35 Gallons (158 litres)
- Manufacturer: John Deere EPA Tier 3, 4045 HF
- Power Rating: 173 BHP (129 kW)
- Rated Speed: 2400 rpm
- Peak Torque (1500 rpm): 476 lb.ft. @ 1500 rpm
- Piston Displacement: 275 cu. in. (4.5 L)
- Optional: 2010 On-Road Certified Engine
- Hydrostatic Drive System, Capable of 55 mph (90 km/hr) unless limited to comply with local regulations.
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
- 65 Gallons (246 Litres)
- 2 Stage Dry Type
- Gross Axle Rating (GAWR) 12,000 lbs. (5455 kg)
- Steerable Drive Axle, Leaf Spring Suspension w/ Air Bags
- 88.8 lbs./linear inch (16 kg/linear inch)
- Gross Axle Rating (GAWR) 16,000 Lbs. (7257 kg)
- Leaf Spring Suspension
- Pressurized - Low Noise Level
- Heater and Air Conditioner
- Alternator: DC 12V 130A
- Battery: DC 12V 3 x 750 CCA
- Horn: Standard
- Headlights with Hi/Low Beam & Integrated Signal Lights Combination Turn/Tail/Brake and Backup Lights, Side Marker Lights, Rear ID Lights, Front & Rear Strobe Lights, Cab Mounted Work Lights
Content for Technical Specification
Content for vehicle Location